02 03 My Happy Place: Laundry Room In Progress.. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Laundry Room In Progress..

34
I am just sick about one thing.

That I did not take before pictures of my laundry room!  I could kick myself!  Mostly because the the hideous wall color was too great NOT to show!
But here are a couple pictures that will give you a little idea of what it looked like before.

I pulled the plain jane oak cabinets with gold pull handles down to give them a coat of white paint and some new hardware...


I decided the cabinet doors were so tall they could use some bigger knobs, so I've chosen THESE oversize pulls by Amerock.

In this picture below, if you look at the walls they look white but trust me, they were an awful bright mint green, which I didn't like when I was first painting it on a year ago, but thought it was better than plain white. 
It was a jar of paint that I picked up on the Walmart mis-tint shelf for only $5.


Here's a better picture that shows the wall color, taken from my "before's" of the half bathroom.
(Click HERE to see the half bathroom "after" photos.)

The plan was to add some trim to the plain walls, paint it white along with the cabinets above the washer and dryer, and then paint a medium gray color on the walls above the trim.


I picked these little 2" boards up at Lowe's and spaced them about 12 inches apart.  
In the picture below you can see the boards are spaced closer together, because I wanted to hide a dent in the wall from the door knob.  Even though they are closer, this wall is separate from the others and behind the door, so it's not noticeable at all.


The paint I'm using for the cabinets and trim is my favorite white paint by Porter called White Umber.
Above the trim I wanted a beautiful medium gray so I chose Coventry Gray by Benjamin Moore.  
After the first few brush strokes, I knew I had made the right choice and snapped my daughter!



Can't wait to get it all put back together!  Check back to see the finished project!
*Update: Click HERE to see the finished laundry room. 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38