02 03 My Happy Place: 30 DAYS OF GRATITUDE - DAY 5: STENCILED KITCHEN WALL 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

30 DAYS OF GRATITUDE - DAY 5: STENCILED KITCHEN WALL

34
It's amazing how one pretty thing can make a girl so happy, and that is making me wonder "why did I wait so long on this?"  My freshly stenciled kitchen wall is giving me butterflies every time I walk into the room!  I would highly recommend everyone stencil a wall.  Not a lot of time, a little hassle, but so worth the effort, in my opinion!

I wanted something interesting on this wall but wasn't ready for the commitment or the expense of wallpaper, so I decided stenciling was the way to go, and I could not be happier with the end result!

Here is what it looked like before:



And here it is after!









What I love is that it has all the great look of wallpaper, but without the high price tag!  It adds beautiful texture! I can change it up whenever I want without having to rip wallpaper off! 
Love. Love. Love. 
The cool part about it is, you don't have to be a perfectionist!  Mine is not a perfect stenciling job.  If you look closely you can tell.  I thought I would go back afterward and touch up all of my mistakes, but really?  From a distance when it's all finished, it's truly not obvious.  I love it just the way it is, so I'm leaving her with all her beautiful imperfections. 

Doesn't it make you want to stencil a room?  
Try it! 
I got mine from Royal Design Studio.  My exact pattern is found HERE.

*Today's gratitude:  I am SOOO grateful for a place to call home.  For my place that I have to clean, to decorate, to teach my kids, and for a place where we can all feel safe from the outside world.  Home truly is where the heart is.
♥♥♥



 



Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38