02 03 My Happy Place: "BEAN" BUSY 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

"BEAN" BUSY

34
Ok, I can't move into all things Fall until I've documented the rest of our summer.  I'm just a little OCD that way.  

I haven't planted a garden since grasshoppers devoured my bean plants two years ago, and didn't care until last summer when everyone else was getting fresh beans, fresh tomatoes, and fresh corn and I was getting nothing but zucchini handouts.  
Not that I didn't LOVE those zucchini handouts.  ;)

This year I was determined, and it paid off!

I love walking out through my garden that overlooks our little town, in the cool morning hours before the sun has come over our little hill.  It's like a treasure hunt every morning! One of my favorite moments this summer was when the kitty would come perch on my back while I was bent over picking beans.  (((((LOVE HIM)))))




Finding big clumps of beans is like a precious reward for all that planting, watering, and weeding.



I gathered up the family, put in a good movie, and they were happy to sit and snap beans for me.


 Movie of choice today:  Ghostbusters!


Yay for home bottled beans for the winter! 
See how I bottle beans HERE.


What I learned:

I have one happy husband when I bottle our beans.  He can tell a difference between home bottled and store bought, and he loves these.  Worth.  All.  The work. 

It feels good knowing how to provide for my family, if ever I couldn't get these from the store.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38