02 03 My Happy Place: Orange Blueberry Quick Bread 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Orange Blueberry Quick Bread

34

Oh my gosh, the smell of blueberry muffins cooking in the oven reminds me of General Conference weekend with my family, gathered together and listening to the Prophet.  So this morning, I got extra excited when I smelled the sweet smell of this orange blueberry bread!  Conference is coming right up, and as much as I love love love blueberry muffins, I think this year I will making this bread instead!  The orange flavor adds such a nice touch, and my kids just loved it!  Another thing I love, is that it whips up in seconds because it calls for a muffin mix, which I almost always have on hand.  
So good.
So easy.



Orange Blueberry Quick Bread
 (Click here for a printable)

Ingredients:
1 box Blueberry Muffin Mix, with real blueberries.
(I used Betty Crocker)
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tsp orange extract

Orange Glaze:
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbs. orange juice

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350.  Butter a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2- inch loaf pan.  Drain blueberries.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine water, oil, eggs, extract, and muffin mix together until moistened.
  3. Gently fold in blueberries and pour into the pan.  
  4. Bake 44 to 48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Cool at least 10 minutes.
  5. Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the bread.  





Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38