02 03 My Happy Place: Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

34



 Other than when you are making homemade bread, is there anything that makes your house smell yummier than chocolate chip cookies baking?  
Ok bacon.  But only for the first few minutes, then I want the smell to go away.

My poor family, I haven't made chocolate chip cookies in a long time.  Last night we had the option of going to the basketball game at the university, or staying home and watching it on TV.  You know what my kids chose?
Staying home.
I love that they love to be home!  So I asked them what kind of treats they would like me to make while we watch the game together, and this is what they all chose.
It's a crowd pleaser, fa-show.  What I love about them, is there is a little added "extra" chocolate besides the chocolate chips, and I'm always switching it up.  Sometimes I'll add peanut butter cups, butterscotch chips, shaved chocolate, or in this case I added 8 oz. of chopped up Snickers bars.  (Can you see some of the caramel peaking out?)
:)


Allen Family Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
 (Click here for a printable)

Ingredients:

2 cups butter at room temperature
2 cups white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour
5 cups oatmeal, measure then blend to a powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
24 oz.  chocolate chips
1- 8 oz Hershey bar grated
3 cups chopped nuts (optional)

1.  Cream the butter and both sugars.  
2.  Add eggs and vanilla. 
3.  In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda.  Then add to the     butter mixture.
4.  Stir in chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts.  Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.   This is a huge batch, and can be halved.



Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38