02 03 My Happy Place: Twenty Week Challenge 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Twenty Week Challenge

34

This upcoming Monday marks almost exactly 20 weeks before the official start to summer, when the kids get out of school, and I am ready to start a twenty week challenge of my own.  This is the first January in a few years that we have not taken a cruise, so without that as motivation, I sailed through the Holidays allowing myself to indulge on any kind of food and lack of exercise that suited me...

...and let me tell you... I ENJOYED IT!

But now, I'm ready to recommit to myself.  I only gained about 3 lbs over the holidays.  My weight doesn't ever give me much stress.  I'm able to balance my diet well enough that my weight doesn't fluctuate very much.  I can eat a very poor diet for awhile, (and when I say "poor", I mean "deliciously sinful") but then I always put a stop to it, turn it around, and jump back on the lean protein and good healthy carbs diet.  I could NEVER go through my life without eating brownies and ice cream, or a pound of jordan almonds, or a whole bucket of movie popcorn along with an obscene amount of soda to go with it.  To me, that would be the end of life as I know it!  It's all about moderation, and balancing out your diet overall for the long term.  

Having said that, I will tell you this.  My whole goal in this Twenty Week Challenge, is to tone and tighten up my 45 year old body.  I would like to see a considerable difference after 20 weeks.  I want to see muscle definition, and less visible fat.  I will be doing a lot of both cardio and strength training every day.  I am a big believer in hard workouts.   If they don't make you sweat, they aren't doing much.  You know?

Here's my invitation to you:

How fun would it be, to be doing this along with other people? Anyone want to join me?  I would love the company!

Here is my "lean out and get some muscle definition so I'll feel very confident at the pool" plan.



  1. I WILL be drinking 65 ounces of water every day.
  2. I WILL do 30+ minutes of exercise at least 5 days a week.
  3. I WILL eat a healthy breakfast each morning.
  4. I WILL eat some kind of lean protein at each meal.
  5. I WILL eat at least 5 fruits or vegetables every day.
  6. I WILL NOT eat after 8:00 p.m.
  7. I WILL incorporate whole grains and less refined grains.
  8. I WILL limit my sugary snacks to 3 per week.  I think I can...I think I can...
  9. I WILL plan ahead so I do not sabotage my efforts.
  10. I WILL get plenty of sleep each night, and make working out a priority.
* *And if you WILL do these things, you WILL have the body you want, or at least be that much closer, by the beginning of summer!**
Nothing crazy, just smart, healthy living.

Here is what you can look forward to, if you incorporate healthy eating and exercise 5 days a week into your life:

 All good reasons to jump on the "fit train" cause it's leaving the station beginning
 Monday, January 9!

Give yourself this weekend to prepare mentally and physically... preparation is key!
Come do it with me, and for sure let me know if you are!

Happy Weekend everybody!
~Cammi~



Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38