02 03 My Happy Place: Vanilla Crepes 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Vanilla Crepes

34




 Let me just say, that I am not a fancy cook.  My meals are nothing extravagant.  I do however, try my best to feed my kids wholesome, nutritious, and consistent meals.  I have had many attempts at new and fancy meals, but many of them have not passed the "test."
You know, the test?
That being said, I am always trying to find new and exciting breakfast ideas for my big (and sometimes picky) family.
These crepes, are one of those select few that passed the test!
My family has only rave reviews about these!  Not only are they are the perfect weekend breakfast treat, but they would certainly pass for a delicious dessert.
(Maybe that's why my family loves them?)
:)


Vanilla Crepes
(Click here for a printable)

Ingredients:

1 1/2-1 3/4 cups milk
3 egg yolks
2 Tbs. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt 
5 Tbs melted butter

Cream Filling:

1 (8 oz) cream cheese
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
4 cups sliced strawberries 
(other options: blueberries, blackberries, grapes, kiwis, etc.)

Directions:

For crepes: 




35 36 37 38